Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hello Everyone!

Hello everyone! 

My name is Katie and I am currently in my second year of a Peace and Conflict Studies degree at the University of Waterloo.  This year I am also participating in a program called Beyond Borders through St. Jerome's University.  In May I will be leaving for Ghana where I will be living in the capital city of Accra (right on the coast).  In Accra I will be working with a program called Theatre for a change.  It is a program that uses participatory programs to lower HIV/AIDS transmission rates, promote Gender and Sexual rights awareness and lower the poverty rate. I am extremely excited for this experience and cannot wait for May to come.  However, before I can go away there are still many things to do.  This Blog will be a record of my stories and reflection throughout my time leading up to going away, as well as all my new experiences this summer.  I have never kept a blog before, but I feel it will be a very good tool for reflection and also a good way to share my experiences with you.  I hope you enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment